Sunday 16 May 2010

Chest Rupture #3

6 Weeks after surgery, following my re rupture of my pectoralis major tendon, I had yet another setback with my rehabilitation - unfortunately during physio the shoulder was overstretched doing end of range mobility in shoulder flexion. This resulted in having to refrain from treatment for 3 weeks while the chest/shoulder settled down, and from then on my rehab was never quite the same. There was also a visual indentation just above the axilla, which was not apparent during the first 6 weeks. Determined to overcome the setback, I continued to rehab hoping to try to make it back to competing in the Louis Vuitton World Series in Sardinia in May, but 8 weeks later while in the gym with my physio, it got worse! either the loads were too great or the damage done 8 weeks earlier was now revealed, either way it was evident that the repair had come away... DEVASTATING

No comments:

Post a Comment